Re-Root canal- A case report
Why the patient came to us?
· Pain in a lower right back tooth which was already root canal treated 3 years back.
· Pain increased while biting objects
· Patient was not comfortable with the cap which was put before.
What was the problem?
· The cap present was higher than the normal height of the tooth.
· X rays showed that the previous root canal had not completely cleaned the tooth. Additional canals were found using the new x rays.
How was the problem treated?
· The old cap was removed
· The previous root canal filling material was removed
· The canals, including the newly found ones were cleaned and re shaped.
· A re-root canal was performed and filled.
· Patient was asked to wait for 15 days to make sure there is no pain or any other symptoms.
· A new cap was placed on the same tooth.
Patient is comfortable and happy in the 6 month review appointment.